Deanna discovered CrossFit in summer of 2012, while on location filming a movie in Portland, OR. In this garage, she saw these fit women tossing around heavyweight and busting out pull-ups, and it looked more satisfying and fun than excessive low-calorie diets and hours on the elliptical machine that she was used to. Within a week she found a local affiliate, within a few months she found herself signed up for her first Crossfit competition, and within a year had begun coaching.
Eventually, Deanna found herself drawn towards the Olympic Lifts and competed at USAW National University Championships, USAW National Under 25 Championships and numerous local meets.
“I am thankful for CrossFit, because of the confidence it has given me. Every day I fight to prove to myself that I am strong. And not just in training/competition but in all aspects of my life. And when you’re in a room of like-minded individuals who support you, encourage and inspire you, you transform. And if I can help others find a similar outcome then I’ll be a successful coach”
- CrossFit Trainer Level 1 Certificate
- USAW Sports Performance Coach Certificate
- National EMS Certification (NREMT)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Red Cross)
- CPAT (Joint Apprenticeship Committee)
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Accounting from California State University Long Beach